We all want to maintain a bright, white smile. And more and more, we are hearing about the connection between good oral health and total body wellness. One of the keys to keeping things on track in your mouth and elsewhere is visiting Aberdeen Smiles twice a year, at least, for a checkup appointment. These Aberdeen dental cleanings and exams will keep your teeth and your smile in good working order. Dr. Drake and her team use these visits to:
- Clean your teeth so that your mouth is fresh and clean
- Detect and treat problems early, including cavities and gum disease
- Educate you on good oral hygiene habits to try out at home
- Give you peace of mind about the condition of your smile
- Help you smile with more self-confidence in social settings
Trust Our Team to Give You the Thorough Checkup You Deserve
Dr. Drake and her team enjoy performing routine checkups for our patients. These visits allow us to closely monitor your oral health and to make sure that it stays on track moving forward. Here is what you can expect:
- We’ll examine your mouth closely for signs of tooth decay that may have begun forming since your last visit, plus we’ll check the health of your gums and other soft tissues.
- Depending on your situation, we also may take a set of X-rays for a closer look at your teeth, teeth roots, bones, and nerves. We use low-radiation digital X-rays that emit up to 90 percent less radiation than standard X-rays.
- If we see any signs of problems, we may recommend fluoride treatments, tooth sealants, tooth fillings, nutritional counseling, and even custom mouthguards. We will do all we can to help you maintain a beautiful smile.
- One part of checkups that our patients love most is their teeth cleaning. Our trained dental hygienist will carefully clean and polish each tooth, removing plaque and built-up tartar that can lead to gum disease if not removed. They will pay special attention to hard-to-reach areas you might miss at home when brushing and flossing.
- After we’re done, your teeth will feel smooth, and your mouth will feel rejuvenated.
Make Your Family Part of Our Dental Family
As part of our dental family, you’ll be able to take advantage of smile-saving solutions such as teeth cleanings and oral exams every six months. While you may need other sorts of special attention along the way, this is the one dental priority that will remain constant throughout your life. Every member of your family, from age 2 to 102 (and up!), can enjoy the many perks that come with having a healthy, clean, great-looking smile at any given point. We can’t wait to welcome you into the fold.
For your best and healthiest smile, keep up with your semiannual dental cleanings and exams in Aberdeen. Call us today at 605-277-9049 to schedule your next appointment, or use our to schedule online.