Aberdeen Smiles cares about every aspect of our patients’ lives, not just their teeth. That’s why you can find relief from your sleep apnea symptoms at from our Aberdeen, SD dentists. Dr. Drake and Dr. Fettig can help you get sleep apnea treatment and get you back to resting the way you should.
Sleep apnea makes sleeping soundly throughout the night impossible. If you suffer from sleep apnea, call us today at 605-277-9049 to schedule your initial sleep apnea treatment consultation.
What Is Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is a disorder in which you stop breathing periodically throughout the night. These lapses in breathing can occur many times per hour and leave you feeling exhausted. When your breathing stops, usually from your tongue or tissues blocking your throat, your body responds by jerking you awake every time so you can breathe again. Managing your sleep apnea is critical to getting the rest you need, and we can help you.
Sleep Apnea Symptoms
- Chronic Snoring
- Tired Throughout the Day
- Mood Swings
- Sore Throat upon Wakening
What Causes Sleep Apnea?
There are several risk factors that make it more likely for you to develop sleep apnea.
- Overweight – If you are overweight, you are at a higher risk of developing sleep apnea than those at a healthy weight.
- Large Neck – Males with at least a 17-inch neck circumference and women with at least a 16-inch neck measurement are at a higher risk of sleep apnea.
- Gender – Males are more likely to develop sleep apnea than women.
- Family History – If you have a family history of sleep apnea, you are at a higher risk of developing the same disorder.
Get Help for Your Sleep Apnea Symptoms at Aberdeen Smiles
Call our dental office today at 605-277-9049 to find out how we can help you get the sleep apnea treatment in Aberdeen, SD you need. You can use the online form to submit questions or comments or to schedule your appointment.