Seek Help For Sleep Apnea in Aberdeen
Aberdeen Smiles cares about every aspect of our patients’ lives, not just their teeth. That’s why you can find relief from your sleep apnea symptoms from our dental team. Dr. Drake and Dr. Fettig can help you with sleep apnea in Aberdeen so you can enjoy the rest you need and deserve. Our oral appliance treatment can:Dr. Drake on sleep apnea
- Let you enjoy a full night’s rest without interruption
- Help you wake up feeling refreshed and ready to face the day
- Improve concentration at work and help you be more productive
- Reduce or entirely eliminate snoring
Sleep apnea symptoms make sleeping soundly throughout the night impossible. If you suffer from sleep apnea, call us today at (605) 277-9049 to schedule your sleep apnea consultation.
Understand the Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is a disorder in which you stop breathing periodically throughout the night. These lapses in breathing can occur many times per hour and leave you feeling exhausted. When your breathing stops, usually from your tongue or tissues blocking your throat, your body responds by jerking you awake every time so you can breathe again.
Managing this condition is critical to getting the rest you need, and we can help you. Below are some common sleep apnea symptoms:
- Chronic Snoring
- Tiredness Throughout the Day
- Mood Swings
- Sore Throat Upon Awakening
Know the Risk Factors For Sleep Apnea
There are several risk factors that make it more likely for you to develop sleep apnea:
- Overweight – If you are overweight, you are at a higher risk of developing sleep apnea than those at a healthy weight.
- Large Neck – Males with at least a 17-inch neck circumference and women with at least a 16-inch neck measurement are at a higher risk of sleep apnea.
- Gender – Males are more likely to develop sleep apnea than females.
- Family History – If you have a family history of sleep apnea, you are at a higher risk of developing the same disorder.
Getting Aberdeen sleep apnea under control can change your life! Call us today to set up your consultation: (605) 277-9049. You can also use our online form to request a consultation or an appointment time for your next regular checkup.