Tooth extractions in Aberdeen, SD could make your mouth healthier. Whether your tooth is severely damaged, decayed, or impacted, Dr. Drake can help. We even have an oral surgeon and dentist anesthesiologist on staff. Aberdeen Smiles handles our tooth extractions in-house, saving you a trip to a specialist. When you visit us for your extraction, we can:
- Prevent a tooth infection from spreading
- Stop the pain of a severely decayed or damaged tooth
- Prepare you for orthodontic care
- Make room for teeth replacements
Get the help you need at Aberdeen Smiles. Call 605-277-9049 today to schedule your consultation or same-day emergency visit. Sedation is available to keep you completely relaxed.
We’ll Remove Teeth If Necessary to Improve Your Oral Health
Keeping your natural teeth is always our goal, unless keeping them will harm the rest of your smile. Here are some examples of times when keeping your original teeth is not what’s best for your mouth:
- Tooth Decay – Tooth decay in one tooth can spread to others. While a tooth filling is an effective treatment for a small cavity, severe tooth decay can make it impossible for your natural tooth to remain in your smile.
- Broken or Cracked Tooth – A broken or cracked tooth is a dental emergency. If your tooth can be repaired with a dental crown, we can do that. If not, we can remove and replace your tooth.
- Crowded Mouth – Our team can determine if a tooth or teeth need to be removed to improve your oral health. This may also improve the outcome of future orthodontic treatment.
- Impacted Teeth – If you have a tooth that does not erupt properly, it can damage your smile. Removing the impacted tooth, including wisdom teeth, can relieve your dental pain and keep your other teeth safe from harm as well.
Tooth removal is oral surgery. Knowing this can cause some people dental anxiety, but your comfort is important to every member of our compassionate team. We can provide dental sedation to keep you relaxed during your procedure. You can also feel confident knowing you are in the hands of experienced doctors.
Avoid Issues With Problematic Wisdom Teeth
Wisdom teeth (third molars) are the last teeth to erupt. These extra molars in the back of your mouth often cause issues such as crowding, pain, and an increased risk of cavities and gum disease. Wisdom teeth removal can be tricky, which is why it’s important to visit a practice you can trust with this procedure.
If you need any tooth extractions in Aberdeen, SD, call 605-277-9049 or schedule an appointment . Our friendly team at Aberdeen Smiles will be glad to help.