When you consider dentures, do you think of your grandmother or grandfather with an overly large, bright, and unnatural-looking grin? While artificial teeth have helped make people’s smiles whole for millenia, it’s a checkered history for sure. For centuries, people constructed restorations out of bone, real teeth (human or animal), wood, and metal. These were likely ill-fitting, uncomfortable, unsanitary, and fast to deteriorate.
By your grandparents’ day, the introduction of plastics and acrylic resins in manufacturing improved appearance, fit, and durability dramatically. Still, artificial teeth had not yet reached the point of feeling and looking completely natural.
Today, we have lifelike denture options for all budgets. Our modern dentures fit and feel better than the ones your grandparents had to put up with. We can even combine them with dental implants for unprecedented security.
To schedule a checkup at Aberdeen Smiles, call our dental office in Aberdeen, SD at (605) 277-9049.
Conventional Dentures Are Better Than Ever
Digital technology and advanced materials have revolutionized the field of dentistry over the past few decades. So even “conventional” tooth restorations are far better than they’ve ever been before.
In our office, we will take precise impressions of your mouth. These will be used to construct a denture that fits beautifully and is comfortable to wear. Your restoration will look natural, not bulky. It will fill out your facial muscles, preventing the sunken look so common with missing teeth. You will be able to chew and speak with ease once again and your confidence will be restored.
If you have a few teeth missing from your mouth, we will fit you with a partial denture. If you need a full arch of teeth replaced, a gorgeous full denture will make your smile whole.
A dental implant is one of the most exciting developments in the industry. It is an artificial tooth root that is surgically inserted into the jaw and actually fuses with the bone for total stability. It may be topped with a crown, bridge, or denture.
We offer implant-retained dentures or implant-supported dentures. They are quite similar, differing only in how the denture attaches to the abutment or connector post.
Implant dentures offer a host of benefits over conventional dentures.
- There is no risk in them slipping, sliding, or falling out of your mouth.
- They attach directly to the abutment, which is connected to the dental implant. You do not need to rely on suction and messy adhesives to keep them in place.
- They do not cover the palate of your mouth, so they will not interfere with your ability to speak.
- Because of the way they route the force of your bite into your jawbone, they promote bone health. Traditional dentures can lead to jawbone deterioration.
- They look, feel, and function like real teeth. You may forget you have dentures!
- You can eat with confidence. You don’t have the food restrictions that you would with their conventional counterparts.
While you are waiting for your permanent dentures to be crafted, we can fit you with beautiful temporary dentures.
To schedule a consultation for modern dentures in Aberdeen, SD, fill out our convenient online form. Or call the Aberdeen Smiles office at (605) 277-9049.