We love talking with our patients about their summer plans. And there’s always plenty to talk about: vacation plans, staycation plans, picnics and barbecues, weddings, reunions, and more. If you’re like some of us, you may be planning to spruce up your appearance for special events or your trip to the beach. You may not have thought about it, but your smile plays a big role in how you appear to others, especially in all those inevitable social media pics! That’s why many of our patients get cosmetic dental treatments beforehand.
Got something coming up and want to look your best? We may have solutions just in time for you. Talk to Dr. Drake at a consultation, and see how we can help you quickly. Call 605-277-9049 now, and read more here to get an idea of your options.
Brighten Your Smile in One or Two Visits
We offer several options to get a brighter smile in a short amount of time. Depending on the extent of your stains, how deep they are, your budget, and how long you want the results to last, you can choose from:
- Teeth whitening: Professional teeth whitening isn’t like the drugstore whitening from a box. The gel we use goes deeper and is more concentrated, which means better results for you. We make both types of our whitening convenient for you. Get a whitening treatment during lunch and see your smile brighten up to eight shades in about an hour! Or if you prefer, whiten at home for a few days while you’re doing chores or your normal routine.
- Cosmetic bonding: Instead of applying a whitening gel, we’ll apply the composite material we use for white fillings. After we shade it to precisely match your teeth, we’ll shape it over your stained teeth. We’ll perfect the look then polish it, and you’ll get a much brighter smile in one quick visit! Your whiter smile should last several years.
- Dental veneers: This solution lasts longer than whitening and bonding. In fact, because we use such state-of-the-art veneers, patients can expect them to last a decade, if not two. These are actual custom porcelain or ceramic shells that we fit over your teeth and bond them, so they conceal all stains underneath. It’s great for patients whose staining might be from medications, for example.
Fix Multiple Flaws in One or Two Visits
If your smile needs more help than whitening alone, consider one of these cosmetic dental treatments.
- Cosmetic bonding: In addition to whitening, bonding can fix many flaws since we can sculpt it over your teeth. This includes cracks, chips, teeth that are too short or worn down, gaps between teeth, crevices and pits on tooth surfaces, and more. Again, one appointment is usually all it takes. And you might be surprised at how affordable it can be.
- Dental veneers: Veneers are ideal for correcting stains whitening and even bonding can’t. They’re also ideal for correcting just about any imperfection since they hide what’s underneath their surface. Plus, they are firmly attached to your teeth, so they strengthen the surface. Some of our patients use these instead of orthodontics to correct minor misshapen teeth, mildly crooked teeth, and slight gaps between teeth.
- Gum reshaping: If your gums aren’t even or show too much when you smile, we can even reshape them to let your teeth show more. A laser makes this faster and more comfortable than traditional methods, and it means recovery is so much faster too. If gum recession is your problem, we have a special treatment that can be done during your lunchtime and requires minimal recovery time.
- Tooth contouring: Veneers may not be necessary for some tooth imperfections, such as extra-pointy teeth or chips along the edges. Dr. Drake can simply trim away a tiny amount of your tooth enamel to bring a natural shape to your offending teeth, typically in one visit.
Start on Orthodontic Care Now for a Straight Smile Next Summer
A lot of our adult patients had once given up on getting straight teeth. They thought about all the downsides of orthodontics at their age – metal in your mouth that’s embarrassing, food getting stuck in teeth, lots of time cleaning braces and getting adjustments in the office, drawing unwanted attention to what looks like adolescent treatment, and all of this for years! You may share their concerns about braces too.
This doesn’t have to be the case anymore. With clear Invisalign treatment, most people won’t even know you’re straightening your teeth. If you start treatment now, you’ll have a straighter smile by next summer! And your aligners won’t distract from your appearance in photos or while you’re with your family and friends at a wedding. If you’re concerned, though, you can simply remove your aligners for a special event and pop them back in afterward.
Get Your Summertime Smile Makeover
Spring into summer with a new and improved appearance! If you’re like many of our patients, you’ll be amazed at the compliments you get and how much more comfortable you feel showing off your smile in person and in photos.